The 27th annual Scopes Festival is starting to take shape, with several new events on tap!
The County Courthouse yard during the Scopes Trial in 1925
- Art show presented by the Dayton Arts League
- Civil War exhibit featuring Union and Confederate reenactors
- Science at the Scopes Trial lecture and discussion
- Scopes Scavenger Hunt directed by the new Rhea County High School Leo Club
- Quilt show presented by a local quilting organization
Of course, there will be music on the grounds, with a special concert by Grammy-nominated songwriter/singer Bobby Taylor, an antique tractor show, a classic car cruise-in, crafts and food vendors.
These events will take place the weekend of July 17 – 19, 2015.
Centerpiece of the Festival is a production of “Front Page News,” a play with music about the Scopes Trial and the events leading up to that famous lawsuit. The play will be presented July 17 – 19 and July 24 – 26.
Tickets will be available online beginning in late March. Please check back then to purchase tickets, and check back regularly for more updates.
We hope to see you at the Scopes Festival in July!